In skilled diving, stress is not just a metaphor. It is 1,000 kilos a cubic metre. A watch that can withstand this crushing force, not to 50 or one hundred but to 500 metres beneath water, is no much more an “accessory” than a diving mask or an oxygen tank.
The TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500m Calibre 16 Chronograph (44MM) far more than meets the needs. The first chronograph in the AQUARACER 500M series, its robust, totally functional style addresses really particular demands — wonderful visibility and easy handling below water, extreme resilience, and safety functions you can count on in even the most extreme situations.
It is also a sophisticated operate of contemporary design and style. The wide diameter case (44mm) is in polished and fine-brushed steel. The unidirectional turning bezel is in fine-brushed steel with a “soft touch” black coating on the prime. The bezel’s polished “effortless-grip” studs are grooved on the sides to facilitate handling, even with diving gloves. An automatic helium valve is integrated into the case at 10 o’clock. This one-way valve is activated when the differential between the inner and the outdoors stress reaches a essential level.
The 3 counters on the vertically streaked black dial give chronograph hour (6 o’clock), chronograph minute (12 o’clock) and operating second (9 o’clock). “AQUARACER 500M” is written above the date window at 3 o’clock, which has a magnifying lens for less complicated legibility. The name of the automatic chronograph’s renowned movement — “CALIBRE 16 – AUTOMATIC” — is written at six o’clock on the chronograph hour dial.
For the strap, there are two classic TAG Heuer options: black rubber or a 3-row bracelet in fine-brushed steel with polished central row and edges.
TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500m Calibre 16 Chronograph Technical specifications
Reference CAJ2110.BA0872: Black dial with steel bracelet
CAJ2110.FT6023: Black dial with rubber strap
Movement TAG Heuer Calibre 16 – Automatic Chronograph – Date
– Black dial with vertical streak effect
– Hand-applied polished indexes
– Polished finished hands
– Certain yellow coloured luminescent markers on hands, indexes and vertical sides of date window
– Second hand with a touch of orange at the extremity
– Luminescent markers on hands and indexes
– 3 counters: chronograph hour, minute and running second
– Date window at three o’clock with a magnifying lense
– Hand-applied TAG Heuer logo
– “AQUARACER 500M” written on leading of the date window at 3 o’clock
– “CALIBRE 16 – AUTOMATIC” written at 6 o’clock in the chronograph hour dial
– Case diameter: 44mm
– Polished and fine-brushed steel case with polished edges
– Unidirectional turning bezel in fine-brushed steel:
– With soft touch black coating on the top surface
– Polished studs with grooves on the side
– Fine-brushed stainless steel numerals
– Luminescent dot at 12 o’clock
– Screw-in polished steel crown with black coating on the face
– Polished push buttons with grooves on the side
– Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with antireflective remedy (internal side)
– Screw-in caseback with specific diver decoration
– Automatic helium valve at ten o’clock
– Water-resistance: 500 meters
– 3-row bracelet: fine-brushed steel with polished central row and edges, solid steel clasp, and security push buttons OR
– Black rubber strap with strong steel clasp and safety push buttons
– Checker decoration and embossed TAG Heuer logo on the outer side
– Checker decoration and molded “TAG Heuer” inscription on the inner side
– Fine brushed enormous finish-piece in steel with “500 M” engraving
Availability October 2010
More TAG Heuer Articles